from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A North American squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) having reddish or tawny fur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sciurus vulgaris, a species of squirrel, common in Europe and Asia.
- n. Tamiasciurus hudsonicus, a species of squirrel, found in parts of North America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the chickaree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. of northern United States and Canada
- n. common reddish-brown squirrel of Europe and parts of Asia
Sorry, no etymologies found.