from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. restoration; restitution: surrender
- n. explanation; representation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Restoration: restitution: surrender.
- n. Explanation; representation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A returning of something; restitution; surrender.
- n. Explanation; rendering.
- n. In law, a judicial acknowledgment that the thing in demand belongs to the demandant, and not to the adversary.
Latin redditio, from reddere to give back, to return: compare French reddition. See render. (Wiktionary)