from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small North American dace. The male, in the breeding season, has bright red fins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small North American dace (Minnilus cornutus, or Notropis megalops). The male, in the breeding season, has bright red fins. Called also red dace, and shiner. Applied also to Notropis ardens, of the Mississippi valley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The red-dace, Notropis megalops.
- n. The common yellow perch of the United States, Perca flavescens. Also yellowfin.
- n. The redcusk, Dinematichthys or Brosmophycis marginatus.
- n. The cyprinoid fish Notropis or Lythrurus ardens.
- n. A cyprinoid fish, Notropis umbratilis, found in fresh waters of the eastern United States.
- n. Same as redfish, 6.
red + fin (Wiktionary)