from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An official responsible for monitoring woodlands and forest areas and reporting to the court of regard.
- n. A person who regards something or someone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who regards.
- n. An officer appointed to supervise the forest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which regards.
- n. In English law, an officer whose business it was to view the forest, inspect the officers, and inquire concerning all offenses and defaults.
regard + -er (Wiktionary)