from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To stop or slow a horse by pulling the reins
- v. To stop or slow something, by exercising control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins
- v. stop or slow up one's horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins
- v. control and direct with or as if by reins
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.