from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To recombine (audio tracks or channels from a recording) to produce a new or modified audio recording: remixed a popular ballad and turned it into a dance hit.
- n. A recording produced by remixing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rearrangement of an older piece of music, possibly including various cosmetic changes.
- n. A piece of music formed by combining existing pieces of music together, possibly including various other cosmetic changes
- v. (intransitive) To create a remix
- v. (transitive) To rearrange or radically alter a particular piece of music
- v. to mix again
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To mix again or repeatedly.
re- + mix (Wiktionary)