American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To recombine (audio tracks or channels from a recording) to produce a new or modified audio recording: remixed a popular ballad and turned it into a dance hit.
- n. A recording produced by remixing.
- n. music A rearrangement of an older piece of music, possibly including various cosmetic changes.
- n. music A piece of music formed by combining existing pieces of music together, possibly including various other cosmetic changes
- v. music (intransitive) To create a remix
- v. music (transitive) To rearrange or radically alter a particular piece of music
- v. to mix again
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To mix again or repeatedly.
- re- + mix (Wiktionary)
“Young P 3018 made a new 80's version about the GRUM's track "Woah!" for the title remix contest.”
“It is an Iraq War remix from the very serious Democrats.”
“David Levine: similar problems arise in remix culture.”
“Doing remix is a powerful form of media education.”
“His Led Zeppelin remix has lawyers and negotiation, and yet Zeppelin ripped off blues artists.”
“That song's remix is among the 10 tunes that West has released for free in recent weeks through his website, a buzz-building initiative he dubbed "G.O.O.D. Fridays" for his label imprint, Getting Out Our Dreams Music.”
“But frankly, what caught our eye was that fact that the good Rev noted that the Bale remix is just an appetizer for his big upcoming gig, producing the next RuPaul album, Champion.”
“For those of you who have played Silent Hill, the original song for this remix comes from the second in the series.”
“I have to tell everyone to go download the "5 Dollar Footlong" dance remix from the Subway website.”
“Now ACIDplanet. com, a music Website owned by Sony, is sponsoring a Chocolate Rain remix contest!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘remix’.
revising for a competition 30 games
in 24 hours
5-Letter words with J, X, Q or Z
ADDAX ADMIX AFFIX ANNEX ATAXY AUXIN AXELS AXIAL AXILE AXILS A...
Words thought of by thinking about Jeff Noon.
Words ending in "x" (except proper nouns and trademarks)
I just like these words.
Looking for tweets for remix.