from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a kidney: a reniform leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like a kidney, with the petiole attached at the notch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form or shape of a kidney
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form or shape of the human kidney; kidney-form; bean-shaped; in botany (when said of flat organs), having the outline of a longitudinal section through a kidney (see cut under kidney-shaped).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf or bean shape) resembling the shape of kidney
Latin rēnēs, kidneys + -form.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin renes "kidneys", and -form. (Wiktionary)