from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To provide with a new or different seat.
- transitive v. To fit (a valve, for example) in a new seating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To provide (e.g. a room) with more, or new, seats.
- v. To seat (someone) again, to give somebody a different seat.
- v. To sit down again.
- v. To plug (something) back into its socket.
- v. To fit (something, especially a valve) back into its place.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To seat or set again, as on a chair, throne, etc.
- transitive v. To put a new seat, or new seats, in
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To seat or set again.
- To put a new seat or new seats in: furnish with a new seat or seats: as, to reseat a church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide with a new seat
- v. provide with new seats
- v. show to a different seat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
You must break the bead on both front wheels then fill them with even amounts of water, then reseat the bead and set the pressure.
Break it down again, liberally coat the bead area with silicone, and reseat the bead.
Some naughty aquarium resident has pulled up a couple of plants and I need to go reseat them.
In Mexico, this was a common practice because of all the 30-40 Krag and other ammo with FMJ and they pulled the bullet and reseat a "HUNTING BULLET" and this is where the term “MEXICAN MATCH” came from!
The other two now drop their clubs and draw their sabersâtoo slow as another blade falls to my hands as the disemboweled man tries in vain to reseat his organs before falling.
Hammer down nails and replace those that don't reseat well with screws..
Hammer down nails and replace those that don't reseat well with screws ..
Tillie also makes bowling gestures, causing Smith to reseat himself on his shoulderblades, where he much prefers to be in any case.
Meanwhile Georg had managed to reseat his father, carefully taking off his socks as well as the knitted drawers he wore over his linen underpants.
So I simply stood up and asked the flight attendant to reseat me.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.