from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various Mediterranean plants of the genus Reseda, including the mignonette, having densely flowered terminal racemes and divided petals.
- n. A grayish or dark green to yellow green or light olive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of plants, the type of which is mignonette.
- n. A grayish green color, like that of the flowers of mignonette.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of polypetalous plants, type of the order Resedaceæ.
- n. A grayish-green tint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Reseda
New Latin Resēda, genus name, from Latin resēda, a kind of plant used to reduce tumors.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French réséda, from Latin resēda, said by Pliny to be from resēdāre ("to soothe"). (Wiktionary)