Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which resolves, in any sense of that word.
- n. Agent noun of resolve; one who resolves.
- n. A device whose electrical output is proportional to the angular position of an object such as a rotor.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That which decomposes, or dissolves.
- n. That which clears up and removes difficulties, and makes the mind certain or determined.
- n. One who resolves, or formal a firm purpose.
- to resolve + -er. (Wiktionary)
“Google has stated thatits newDNS resolver is designed tohelpspeed up the Internet.”
“Ex Libris (UK) has announced that the SFX link resolver is now operational at the Oxford University Library Services.”
“Gashinsky presented Yahoo's DNS recursive name resolver proposal to the IETF's DNS Operations Working group.”
“And this may be in the form of something called the resolver, if you are a TiVo customer, or maybe a set-top box if you are just a cable card customer with a regular TV.”
“It's talking to a resolving nameserver, often referred to as just a "resolver".”
“I wrote an e-mail directly to Michael Dell CEO and got a call from a "resolver" in their Executive office...they're sending it at no charge.”
“He could authorize another application -- in our case an automatic friend request resolver -- to read that information and to create more information on his behalf to indicate existing friendships.”
“So, if you're a "resolver," you'll want to think about a more expansive plan for making your new year's resolutions and more general life plan to include those personal and social aspects of your life that you may short-change by habit.”
“As Americans, it's not easy if you're a "resolver" to deviate as we are reinforced for our concrete high achievement, just as it's a challenge to be a "reactor" following a less-defined plan in a nation of high achievers who are motivated by more concrete measures of achievement.”
“Revista digital Número Zero » Archivo » Roberto Brevé: “En Blipea trato de resolver las frustraciones que tengo en Twitter””
‘resolver’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for resolver.