American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To cover with a new surface: resurfacing a road; resurfaced the floor.
- v. To come to the surface again; reappear: The rumor has resurfaced.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put a new surface on; renew the surface of.
- v. intransitive To come once again to the surface
- v. transitive To provide a new surface, to replace or remodel the surface of something, or to restore a surface. To put a new coating or finish on a surface.
- v. intransitive To arise or become evident again. To re-occur or reappear.
- v. transitive, rare To make something reappear.
- v. of a person : To come out of hiding or obscurity.
- v. cover with a new surface
- v. reappear on the surface
- v. appear again
- re- + surface (Wiktionary)
“That is until next week, when Freddie Mercury will resurface from the dead to star in a very special episode of “Spongebob Glitterpants and the Bikini Bottomed Girls.””
“It’s a bit disconcerting when forgotten relics of your distant past unexpectedly resurface from the bottom of dusty drawers – stuff you’d forgotten, which abruptly reconnects you with the child you once were.”
“We have seen the dilemma resurface last week after Market News International cited an official on conditions of anonymity that Greece was intending to amend the bailout to bypass the IMF, which was then denied by Greece.”
“It sounds like LaHood was really impressed with how C4C panned out, but will the program and its multi-billion dollar price tag resurface in 2010?”
“: Lasers can reduce pigment at certain parts of the skin, "resurface" away wrinkles and shrink varicose veins.”
“New research on South American army ants shows that raiding parties plan ahead and "resurface" the roadway for a quicker return with plunder.”
“A little more than a month after he stepped down, the now unemployed Su has confirmed that he will "resurface" by attending the Boao Forum in China next month.”
“Beyond the premiere, however, Jo's past in D.C. will resurface in a major way.”
“But when our favorite hybrid returns, expect his old anger issues to resurface.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘resurface’.
List of verbs that begin with re-, meaning to repeat a specific action or process - reappraise, for example.
I'm also looking for words like repeat, replenish and rescind whose roots d...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Looking for tweets for resurface.