from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cover with a new surface: resurfacing a road; resurfaced the floor.
- intransitive v. To come to the surface again; reappear: The rumor has resurfaced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To come once again to the surface
- v. To provide a new surface, to replace or remodel the surface of something, or to restore a surface. To put a new coating or finish on a surface.
- v. To arise or become evident again. To re-occur or reappear.
- v. To make something reappear.
- v. : To come out of hiding or obscurity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put a new surface on; renew the surface of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cover with a new surface
- v. reappear on the surface
- v. appear again
That is until next week, when Freddie Mercury will resurface from the dead to star in a very special episode of “Spongebob Glitterpants and the Bikini Bottomed Girls.”
It’s a bit disconcerting when forgotten relics of your distant past unexpectedly resurface from the bottom of dusty drawers – stuff you’d forgotten, which abruptly reconnects you with the child you once were.
We have seen the dilemma resurface last week after Market News International cited an official on conditions of anonymity that Greece was intending to amend the bailout to bypass the IMF, which was then denied by Greece.
It sounds like LaHood was really impressed with how C4C panned out, but will the program and its multi-billion dollar price tag resurface in 2010?
Also will Bill Cowher's name resurface for the 2010 season?
: Lasers can reduce pigment at certain parts of the skin, "resurface" away wrinkles and shrink varicose veins.
New research on South American army ants shows that raiding parties plan ahead and "resurface" the roadway for a quicker return with plunder.
A little more than a month after he stepped down, the now unemployed Su has confirmed that he will "resurface" by attending the Boao Forum in China next month.
Beyond the premiere, however, Jo's past in D.C. will resurface in a major way.
But when our favorite hybrid returns, expect his old anger issues to resurface.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.