from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cover with a new surface: resurfacing a road; resurfaced the floor.
- intransitive v. To come to the surface again; reappear: The rumor has resurfaced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To come once again to the surface
- v. To provide a new surface, to replace or remodel the surface of something, or to restore a surface. To put a new coating or finish on a surface.
- v. To arise or become evident again. To re-occur or reappear.
- v. To make something reappear.
- v. : To come out of hiding or obscurity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put a new surface on; renew the surface of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cover with a new surface
- v. reappear on the surface
- v. appear again
re- + surface (Wiktionary)