American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A crystalline compound, C18H18, derived from pine tar, fossil resins, and tar oils.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A crystalline hydrocarbon, C18H18, found in resinous woods and certain fossil gums and resins: also made by distilling rosin-oil with sulphur. It is 8-methyl-5-isopropylphenan-threne. It melts at 98.5° C. and boils at 390° C.
- n. organic chemistry A hydrocarbon, polymeric with benzene, that is extracted from pine tar and also found in certain fossil resins.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A white crystalline hydrocarbon, polymeric with benzene. It is extracted from pine tar, and is also found in certain fossil resins.
- Ancient Greek for "pine resin". (Wiktionary)
- From Greek rhētīnē, resin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘retene’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for retene.