from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Having a rounded or obtuse apex with a central shallow notch: A retuse leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a rounded apex with small central notch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the end rounded and slightly indented.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, obtuse at the apex, with a broad and very shallow sinus reentering: as, a retuse leaf.
- In zoology, ending in an obtuse sinus.
Latin retūsus, past participle of retundere, to beat back : re-, re- + tundere, to beat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)