from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause (eroded land, for example) to bear a new cover of vegetation.
- intransitive v. To bear a new cover of vegetation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become recolonized by plants
- v. To vegetate again (in all senses)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To vegetate anew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become green again.
re- + vegetate (Wiktionary)