from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law A party entitled to receive an estate in reversion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who possesses the reversion to an estate or office.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has a reversion, or who is entitled to lands or tenements, after a particular estate granted is terminated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has a reversion, or who is entitled to lands or tenements after a particular estate granted is determined: loosely applied in a general sense to any person entitled to any future estate in real or personal property.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) a party who is entitled to an estate in reversion
Sorry, no etymologies found.