from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the Rhynchocephalia, an order of mostly extinct lizardlike reptiles that includes the tuatara.
- n. A rhynchocephalian reptile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a group of extinct reptiles of the order Rhynchocephalia
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Rhynchocephalia, or having their characters: as, a rhynchocephalian type of structure; a rhynchocephalian lizard.
- n. A member of the Rhynchocephalia.
From New Latin Rhynchocephalia, order name : Greek rhunkhos, beak + Greek kephalē, head; see cephalic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)