from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make rich.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make or render rich or richer.
- v. To become rich or richer; become superior in quality, condition or effectiveness.
- v. To gain richness; become heightened or intensified in brilliancy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become rich; become superior in quality, composition, or effectiveness; specifically, to gain richness of color; become heightened or intensified in brilliancy.
From rich + -en. (Wiktionary)