Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of file with a somewhat curved extremity, suitable for working in small depressions.
- n. A workman who uses such a file, especially in metal-work.
- n. A mechanical device consisting of a metal box with a series of vertical slats through which material is poured and randomly divided into two samples; this process is repeated to obtain a small representative sample of a bulk material
- n. A curved file used in carving wood and marble.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A curved file used in carving wool and marble.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘riffler’.
From the GNU Webster's 1913:
"n. A massive, compact limestone; a variety of calcite, capable of being polished and used for architectural and ornamental purposes. The color varies from white ...
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
An A to Z of interesting object names.
Inspired by http://phrontistery.info.
Looking for tweets for riffler.