from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball The third of the outfield that is to the right, looking from home plate.
- n. Baseball The position played by the right fielder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a baseball field which is beyond the infield and to your right if you stand on home plate and face the pitcher.
- n. The defensive position in the outfield to the right, typically played by a player who can throw well.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- n. the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is expected to field balls in the right third of the outfield (looking from home plate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.