from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball The third of the outfield that is to the right, looking from home plate.
- n. Baseball The position played by the right fielder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a baseball field which is beyond the infield and to your right if you stand on home plate and face the pitcher.
- n. The defensive position in the outfield to the right, typically played by a player who can throw well.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- n. the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is expected to field balls in the right third of the outfield (looking from home plate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.