American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The third finger of the left hand.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The third finger of the left hand, on which the marriage-ring is placed; in anatomy, the third finger of either hand, technically called the annularis.
- n. Finger between middle finger and little finger; the "third finger" (UK) or the "fourth finger" (US), especially of the left hand. (The ring finger is the left hand; a ring finger is either hand.)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the third finger of the left hand, or the next the little finger, on which the ring is placed in marriage.
- n. the third finger (especially of the left hand)
“Wrist watch, ear drum, cow bell, ring finger - Daniel McBride.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ring finger’.
sentences showing how finger is used
To point at with ..., She was never wea..., The cardinals hav..., Thy heart is fing..., To cheat (a perso..., Frank Lee..had ‘f..., To play upon (an ..., fore-finger, index-finger, middle finger, fool's finger, ring finger and 93 more...
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
discharge lamp, correlation matrix, obidoxime chloride, withdrawal symptom, ipratropium bromide, book lung, zirconium dioxide, octane number, acetyl group, computer accessory, pinto bean, regression equation and 480 more...
The finger list, that is!
Looking for tweets for ring finger.