from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarse-toothed saw used for cutting wood along the grain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saw that is designed to cut wood along its grain, i.e. to rip.
- v. To cut with a ripsaw.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A handsaw with coarse teeth which have but a slight set, used for cutting wood in the direction of the grain (the fiber); -- called also ripping saw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hand-saw the teeth of which have more rake and less set than a crosscut saw, used for cutting wood in the direction of the grain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a handsaw for cutting with the grain of the wood
rip + saw (Wiktionary)