American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several wrens of the genus Salpinctes, especially S. obsoletus, found in rocky regions of the western United States and Mexico.
- n. A small wren (Xenicus gilviventris) that inhabits New Zealand and feeds mostly on the ground among stones.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) any one of several species of wrens of the genus Salpinctes, native of the arid plains of Lower California and Mexico.
- n. short-tailed bird resembling a wren
- n. wren inhabiting badlands and mesa country of western United States and Mexico
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rock wren’.
how rock is used
on the rocks, on-the-rocks glass, peppermint rock, pile up the rocks..., pocketful of rock..., pull a rock, to, rock abode, rock accumulation, rock altar, rock alyssum, rock and rye, rock-apostle and 371 more...
Looking for tweets for rock wren.