from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A collection of pictures of known and suspected criminals maintained in police files and used for making identifications.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A set of pictures of convicted or suspected criminals used in law enforcement investigations to help witnesses identify suspects.
- n. A group of lawbreakers or other disreputable characters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a collection of portraits of rogues or criminals, for the use of the police authorities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coterie of undesirable people
- n. a collection of pictures of criminals
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.