from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A desk fitted with a flexible sliding top made of parallel slats.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A desk having a flexible top, made of parallel slats, that rolls away when not needed.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.