from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bearing using rollers to reduce friction between machine parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bearing, in which the load is carried by round (e.g. cylindrical or spherical) elements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A bearing containing friction rollers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A journal-socket which has antifriction rollers on its interior perimeter; a ring-bush.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bearings containing small metal balls
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.