from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A smooth cylinder, usually with a handle at each end and often made of wood, used for rolling out dough.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a food preparation utensil consisting of a cylinder with a handle at each end, used to flatten dough


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.