Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant, Heterothalamus brunioides, whose flowers yield a yellow dye; also, the dye thus produced. See Heterothalamus.
- n. In Mexico, a name applied to several composites with an agreeable aromatic odor, especially to Chrysactinia Mexicana, Porophyllum scoparium, and Pectis stenophylla, all of which are used medicinally. The last species has a strong odor of lemon, and together with several of its congeners is sometimes called limoncillo. See limoneillo, 2.
- n. One of the Mexican milkweeds, Asclepias Linaria; also called romerillo loco.
- n. A plant belonging to the family Chenopodiaceæ, Dondia multiflora, the fleshy leaves of which are used in Mexico during the Lenten season as a potherb.
- n. In Chile, Tricondylus ferrugineus, a shrub belonging to the family Proteaceæ.
“Above 3,500 meters (m), there are scrublands and wet rocky thickets with some shrubs and land orchids as well as forests of romerillo (Podocarpus).”
‘romerillo’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for romerillo.