from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A musical composition built on the alternation of a principal recurring theme and contrasting episodes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical composition, commonly of a lively, cheerful character, in which the first strain recurs after each of the other strains.
- n. A small, disk-shaped piece of food, especially a single-serving dessert or small piece of candy.
- n. A dark-skinned, hybrid grape officially of the species Vitis vinifera
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A composition, vocal or instrumental, commonly of a lively, cheerful character, in which the first strain recurs after each of the other strains.
- n. See Rondeau, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music: Same as round, 7 .
- n. A setting of a rondeau or similar poem.
- n. A work or movement in which a principal phrase or section is several times repeated in its original key in alternation with contrasted phrases or sections in the same or other keys.
- n. A game of hazard played with small balls on a table.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical form that is often the last movement of a sonata
Italian rondò, from French rondeau, rondeau; see rondeau.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian rondo, from French rondeau. (Wiktionary)