from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the rose family.
- adj. Resembling the flower of a rose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a rose, or a member of the Rosaceae family of plants.
- adj. Resembling a rose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a natural order of plants (Rosaceæ) of which the rose is the type. It includes also the plums and cherries, meadowsweet, brambles, the strawberry, the hawthorn, applies, pears, service trees, and quinces.
- adj. Like a rose in shape or appearance.
- adj. Of a pure purpish pink color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Rose-like; having a corolla composed of several wide-spreading roundish petals, with the claws very short or almost wanting.
- Of or pertaining to the order Rosaceæ.
- In zoology, of a rosy color; rose-red; rosy; roseate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of plants of the family Rosaceae
- adj. of something having a dusty purplish pink color
From Latin rosāceus, made of roses, from rosa, rose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)