from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pinkish variety of the mineral quartz, used as a gemstone or as an ornamental stone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reddish colored type of quartz
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a variety of quartz which is rose-red.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A translucent and at times almost transparent variety of quartz, varying in color from light rose-red to dark-pink.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a translucent rose-red variety of quartz used for ornaments
Sorry, no etymologies found.