from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A folk dance performed with the dancers arranged in a circle.
- n. A ballroom dance in which couples proceed in a circular direction around the room.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. one which is danced by couples with a whirling or revolving motion, as the waltz, polka, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ballroom dance characterized by revolving movement
- n. a folk dance; dancers form a circle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.