from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of round-top.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A top; a platform at a masthead; -- so called because formerly round in shape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, a platform at the masthead; a top.
- n. In heraldry, an inclosed circular platform, like a large flat tub, set upon the top of a pole, which pole is shown to be a mast by having a small yard with furled sail attached put across it, usually at an angle—the whole being a conventional representation of an ancient round top of a ship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance
Sorry, no etymologies found.