from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wrinkle; pucker; draw up into gathers, folds, or plaits.
- To disorder; disturb the arrangement of; rumple; derange; disarrange; make uneven by agitation: as, ruffled attire; ruffled hair.
- To disturb the surface of; cause to ripple or rise in waves.
- To throw together in a disorderly manner.
- To disquiet; discompose: agitate; disturb; annoy; vex: as, to ruffle the spirits or the temper.
- To furnish or adorn with ruffles: as, to ruffle a shirt.
- To get irritated, angry, or fretted.
- To be in disorder; be tossed about; hence, to flutter.
Sorry, no etymologies found.