from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sale of assorted secondhand objects contributed by donors to raise money for a charity.
- n. A sale, especially of unclaimed or excess goods, as at a warehouse or wharf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Informal sale of donated items, usually to fund the programs of a church or charity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a clearance sale of unclaimed goods in a public store, or of odds and ends which have accumulated in a shop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sale of garments that have been worn and of cast off furnishings of any description, at very low prices, usually held in connection with church work for the benefit of the poor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sale of donated articles
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.