from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Formerly the currencies of Italian Somaliland and Portuguese India.
- n. An ulcer due to syphilis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An eruption upon the skin, consisting of vesicles with inflamed base and filled with serous, purulent, or bloody fluid, which dries up, forming a blackish crust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of the large flat pustular syphiloderm in which the crust is more or less distinctly conical and stratified: a use now obsolete.
- n. A current silver coin of Portuguese India, the same as the rupee, and equivalent to 32.47 United States cents.
Sorry, no etymologies found.