from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a West Indian tree (Lysiloma sabicu)
- n. the hard dark wood of the sabicu tree, which resembles mahogany in texture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The very hard wood of a leguminous West Indian tree (Lysiloma Sabicu), valued for shipbuilding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The horse-flesh mahogany, Lysiloma Sabicu. Also savacu.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. West Indian tree yielding a hard dark brown wood resembling mahogany in texture and value
- n. the wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany
Sorry, no etymologies found.