- n. A place of safety or refuge.
- n. A protected zone in a country, especially one designated for members of an ethnic or religious minority.
- n. An investment that would lose little of its value in the event of a stock market crash.
- n. A financially secure offshore bank or country during times of extreme uncertainty, or when domestic banks are suspected of becoming insolvent.
- n. The hours of the day when it is permissible for broadcasting radio stations in the United States to broadcast profanity over radio waves without fear of retribution from the FCC.
“Peter Clemence had done so, choosing to call upon his kinsfolk when the chance offered, rather than make for the safe haven of Shrewsbury abbey.”
“He mistakenly imagined my grandmother to be a compassionate Jewish woman who could offer safe haven and comfort in some small measure, if only a teaspoon of the milk of human kindness, and not a fascist-leaning rogue capitalist—that was his first terrible mistake.”
“As the drone program was in full swing, the CIA director, General Michael Hayden, explained in November 2008 that by making a safe haven feel less safe, we keep al-Qaeda guessing.”
“If the hotel was no longer a safe haven for her kind, Sasha Moore would want to know before dawn left her helpless.”
“The supposedly safe haven from which Faith had ï¬ung herself to her death ...”
“It can shield a war criminal - even one like Felicien Kabuga, suspected of helping to finance and orchestrate the Rwandan genocide - by allowing him to purchase safe haven for a time and robbing all humanity of the opportunity to bring the criminal to justice.”
“For the moment Haluin's shocked mind looked no further than the fact, joy that she should be alive and well and in safe haven whom he had lamented so long as dead, and dead by his grievous fault, the bewilderment and hurt that he should have been left so long mourning her.”
“She'll deliver the speech at the Regina Mundi Church, a safe haven for political activists during South Africa's era of white-minority government, known as apartheid.”
“Rajk, under the most brutal treatment and with a promise of a safe haven for himself, his wife, and newborn son, “confessed” to treason.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘safe haven’.
Because saying it once might not get the point across.
Looking for tweets for safe haven.