from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An amphibian of the order Salientia (formerly Anura or Batrachia), which includes the frogs and toads. Also called anuran.
- adj. Of or belonging to the Salientia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any amphibian of the order Salientia; the frogs and toads (normally within Anura or Batrachia)
- adj. Of or pertaining to these animals
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping; semiaquatic and terrestrial species
- adj. relating to frogs and toads
From New Latin Salientia, order name, from Latin saliēns, salient-, present participle of salīre, to leap; see salient.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)