from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To react so as to form a salt
- v. To combine or impregnate with a salt.
- v. To form a salt with; to convert into a salt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To combine or impregnate with a salt.
- transitive v. To form a salt with; to convert into a salt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form into a salt, as by combination with an acid.
French salifier; from Latin sal salt + -ficare (only in comparative) to make. See -fy. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.