from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of the suborder Salmonoidea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Salmonoidea suborder of salmon
- n. Any of these fish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like, or pertaining to, the Salmonidæ, a family of fishes including the trout and salmon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a salmon; of or pertaining to the Salmonidæ in a broad sense; related to the salmon family. Also salmoniform.
- n. A salmonoid fish. Also salmoid, salmonid.
Sorry, no etymologies found.