from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fissure in the side of a horse's hoof, often causing lameness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vertical fissure in the wall of a horse's hoof; a quarter crack.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a crack extending downward from the coronet, in the wall of a horse's hoof, which often causes lameness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fissure or crack in the hoof of a horse, extending from the coronet downward toward the sole.
- n. A crack which forms in a molded brick prior to burning, due to imperfect mixing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fissure in the wall of a horse's hoof often causing lameness
Sorry, no etymologies found.