American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hazard on a golf course consisting of a depression partly filled with sand.
- n. A sand filled hollow, on a golf course, used as a hazard; a bunker
- n. architecture A basin that prevents the passage of sand etc into a drainage system
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Golf) a shallow pit on a golf course having a layer of sand in it, usually located near a green, and designed to function as a hazard, due to the difficulty of hitting balls effectively from such a position.
- n. a hazard on a golf course
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sand trap’.
A nitty-gritty list for words containing sand-, -sand-, or -sand; and apropos terms and phrases. Your contributions are welcome.
Looking for tweets for sand trap.