from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hazard on a golf course consisting of a depression partly filled with sand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sand filled hollow, on a golf course, used as a hazard; a bunker
- n. A basin that prevents the passage of sand etc into a drainage system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a shallow pit on a golf course having a layer of sand in it, usually located near a green, and designed to function as a hazard, due to the difficulty of hitting balls effectively from such a position.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hazard on a golf course
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.