from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous low-growing herbs of the genus Arenaria, having small, usually white flowers often grouped in cymose clusters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several plants in the genera Arenaria, Minuartia, and Moehringia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any plant of the genus Arenaria, low, tufted herbs (order Caryophyllaceæ.)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Arenaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. low-growing chiefly perennial plant usually with small white flowers suitable for e.g. rock gardens
- n. low-growing herb having clusters of small white four-petaled flowers
- n. loosely matted plant with moss-like foliage studded with tiny starry four-petaled white blossoms; mountains of central and southern Europe
sand + wort (Wiktionary)