American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hard green cheese made from skim-milk curd, colored and flavored with sweet clover.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of hard cheese, made in Switzerland, having a greenish color, and flavored with melilot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of Swiss cheese, of a greenish color, flavored with melilot.
- n. a hard green Swiss cheese made with skim-milk curd and flavored with clover
- Alteration of German Schabzieger : schaben, to scrape (from Middle High German, from Old High German skaban) + Zieger, whey, whey cheese (from Middle High German ziger, probably of Celtic origin). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“a great oak-tree, and he lay with his vest open and his hat off, idly sucking the pith from a young sapsago-tree that he had just broken off.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sapsago’.
Names of cheeses from around the world, blatantly stolen from every source available to me.
"A dessert without cheese is like a beautiful woman with one eye." - Jean Anthelme Brillat-S...
everything cheese,expressions like
stiff cheddar,turophile's heaven
a work in progress
Just some words I happen to enjoy. Some thread-worn, some not.
An A to Z of interesting object names.
Inspired by http://phrontistery.info.
Looking for tweets for sapsago.