from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the segments into which a fibril of striated muscle is divided.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The contractile unit of the myofibril of a striated muscle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A segment of a muscular fibril inclosed between two Krause's membranes.
- n. One of the segments or pieces of a sarcostyle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the segments into which a myofibril is divided
From sarco- (“flesh”) + -mere (“component”), from Ancient Greek σάρξ (sárx) and μέρος (méros). (Wiktionary)