from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cotton fabric with a satinlike finish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of cotton cloth with a shiny surface and dull back, woven using the technique that, when applied to silk or nylon, results in cloth called satin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of dress goods made of cotton or woolen, with a glossy surface resembling satin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fabric having a glossy surface, so called from its resemblance to satin; specifically, a kind of worsted goods much used for linings.
- n. A cotton fabric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cotton fabric with a satiny finish
Alteration (influenced by velveteen) of satin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)