American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An assessed percentage of the total price or measured amount of goods being shipped or stored, used to figure a deduction from the price or amount to reflect normal shrinkage or depletion of the goods.
- n. The estimated amount of lumber in logs being scaled.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In leather manufacturing, an allowance in weight of hides, usually about 15 per cent., made for scalings that may drop off.
- n. estimation of the amount of lumber in a log
- n. the act of scaling in weight or quantity or dimension
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘scalage’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for scalage.