Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become less; fail; be or become deficient.
- To make less; lessen; draw in.
- To cut up or divide into small pieces; partition.
- To cut down or cut short; scant.
- n. A gage by which slates are regulated to their proper length.
- v. obsolete, transitive To scant; to be niggardly with; to divide into small pieces; to cut short or down.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To be deficient; to fail.
- v. obsolete To scant; to be niggard of; to divide into small pieces; to cut short or down.
- Old French escanteler, eschanteler. (Wiktionary)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scantle’.
I can use these.
Looking for tweets for scantle.