Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A diver's water-tight suit, with devices for assuring a supply of air; diving-armor.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of tectibranchiate gastropods, typical of the family Scaphandridæ.
- n. dated A kind of diving suit.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The case, or impermeable apparel, in which a diver can work while under water.
- Ancient Greek σκάφος (skaphos, "anything hollowed") + ἀνήρ (anēr, "a man"): compare French scaphandre. (Wiktionary)
“Why didn't you bring a scaphander and an air pump?”
Looking for tweets for scaphander.