from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See 1st scape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the shaft of a column.
- n. In botany, same as scape, 1.
- n. In entomology, the scape of an antenna.
- n. In ornithology, the scape of a feather; the whole stem or shaft, divided into the barrel or calamus and the rachis.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of cœlenterates.
- n. In sea-pens, the main stem, the lower part of which is sunk in the mud while the upper bears the zoöids.
- n. In actinians, the main part of the body as differentiated from the upper, tentacle-bearing region or capitulum.
Sorry, no etymologies found.